The Lilac Box | Elizabeth Arden Concept Box


This year I've decided to expand my blog to include more of my many passions. As you may have noticed, my love for beauty, makeup and skincare has been quite an affair these passed months. I thought it'd be fun to start sharing another new adventures here with you guys. 

The month of June was my first experience with beauty box subscription services. I know I'm relatively late to the beauty box bandwagon since it has been around for quite some time in Malaysia. It took me a while to pick which box company I'd go with for my first purchase. After read a lot of reviews from other Malaysian beauty bloggers,
I finally opted to go with The Lilac Box. They claimed only deliver products from premium brands - as what they said on their website, 
"You're young, you're beautiful, and we know you only date 'premium'."  
Well, that excited me the most! 

To anyone new to this term, beauty box subscription is basically a service provided for delivering beauty products and promotion discount to your door on a monthly basis. Most of the time beauty products come in sample sized, but sometimes you get lucky and receive them in deluxe-sized without having to pay for their actual prices. Another thing about beauty box subscription service is, usually the contents of your box will be a surprise until it arrives. Either you're going to like it or nah. Nevertheless, it's still a good way to build up beauty product collections especially for beginners.

**
Courier wise - I'm impressed on how smooth and fast GDEX was. The Lilac Box team emailed me on Saturday and I got the box on Tuesday. My house area is a bit confusing and hard to locate, but I'm surprised the courier able to found it even without having to call my phone. 


I love how the box is secured with a layer of cardboard. Brilliant! Since The Lilac Box itself is a plain, sturdy yet, nice box without any branding or words on it (hence, reusable), having an extra protection can prevent the box from any damages and keeping it in shape. Don't have to buy a new box any more to put in gift for your loves one, or simply reuse it as a makeup storage. No waste, kill two birds in one stone. I'm so going to store in all my DIY ribbons in there!

This time around, the box is black in colour, approximately 21x16cm in size, with some lilac ribbon wrapped around it. 
Now let me show you what are inside my box!


Informational card on top as mukadimah (opening)! ;P
Now, onto the goodies!



12 products. It's a rare thing to find a beauty box that comes with more than 10 products in Malaysia.

From Elizabeth Arden beauty line;


1. Red Door Aura Eau de Toilette Spray (1.2 ml)
2. Green tea Honeysuckle Eau de Toilette Spray (1.2 ml)
3. Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules (3.2 ml)
4. Ceramide Premiere Intense Moisture and Renewal Overnight Regeneration Cream (7.2 g)
5. Ceramide Premiere Intense Moisure and Renewal Activation Cream SPF30 (7.3 g)
6. Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating Cream (7 g)
7. Visible Difference Optimizing Skin Serum (5 ml)
8. Visible Whitening Multi-Targeted UV Shield BB Cream SPF 30 PA++ (7 ml)

Thelilacbox also included few haircare products from Wella Professional and SP

9.  Enrich Moisturizing shampoo for dry and damaged hair (50 ml)
10. Enrich Moisturizing treatment for dry and damaged hair (25ml)
11. SP Volumize Shampoo (30 ml)
12. SP Volumize Mask (30 ml)

*For members of thelilacbox, don't forget to redeem voucher for free facial using Ceramide Boasting 5 minutes facial set at their website and also submit a review for this box to receive 20 lilac points.  


EA Red Door Aura EDT is something I liked to begin with. It has a typical fruity floral scent and would be nice for a day scent. The price is quite expensive for full sized, practically a little less than RM300. I thought this would be good to have it in sample sized for my small handbag. The only face product I've tried so far from this concept box is EA BB cream whereby I use it as a base before applying my foundation. It's also nice to see a few hair care products in the box as I haven't tried anything from Wella Pro and SP. I'm looking forward to see where these products can take!

As much as I want to give this lilac box 10/10 in rating, I couldn't because I've received moulded ceramide capsule. Say what? It's true! I wouldn't dare to apply it on to my skin. Turned out, not just me who experienced this. Such a huge disappointment tbh, killing all over my excitements =/. The condition inside the container were actually pretty moist, added together with dark condition = moulds. Maybe there were some leakage from the capsule. O_O Idk who to blame but I'm sure thelilacbox team didn't expect the product to be moulded too. But I do hope this such thing never happens again in the future. Other than that, I must say I'm very pleased with the content, it helps me in discovering new products that I wouldn't typically purchase on my own.  

Product Info
Name : The Lilac Box
Price : RM 49.00 (including delivery), however concept box may cost less or more
Price for Elizabeth Arden Concept Box : RM58.00
Availability : Currently shipping within Peninsular Malaysia only.
What else do you need to know :  
- Payment handled through ipay88
- Subscriptions are varies, not on monthly based.  
Links :


Thanks for reading this entry! xo

Share This Article:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments :