Review | Sephora White Card Birthday Gift 2014


Every year Sephora celebrates all of their loyal customers by offering a free gift during the month of your birthday, if you are a Sephora White card holder! It was the first a day in May when I received an email from them wishing me Happy Birthday with a redeemable coupon of their lip gloss set. Any white card holder who celebrates birthday in these upcoming few months can redeem this set including..

double points on your next purchase and a complimentary brow wax/shaping service at the Sephora's Benefit Brow Bar. These offers valid within 2 months from your birthday date (mine was until 2014/06/30).

To be honest, just when I thought I could still received a makeup palette, they broke my heart a bit by replacing it to a lip gloss set. Fyi, ladies who celebrated birthday in the earlier months received a mini Sephora makeup palette as their gift. It could have been more useful to me as I don't use that much of  lip products. 
Nevertheless, it's still a gift and you'll get this for free. I don't know if there is other shop that gives you free things on your birthday. With that being said, I decided to do a short review on my birthday gift from Sephora.



The one I received is called 'Sephora Color Wand' which I believed is from their 2013 Holiday Collection. The packaging is very small and cute, each colour has it's own applicator. It's a mix and match of 4 lipglosses in a variety of finishes and shades. Full size of this comes with 6 different shades. There aren't names for each individual shades as Sephora only refers them by numbers. Shade (1) is in a bright red colour with sparkles, it has the same ingredients with Shade (3), where the only different between them is the colour - the latter is a more like a coral + plum shade on my swatch. Shade (2) is in a creamy matte pink shade while Shade (4) is a matte nude colour. 

I apply Shade (3) a lot, it's by far my most favourite lip gloss from this set. My least favourite has to be Shade (4) - too pale and it doesn't goes well with my asian skin tone. Overall, although the swatches on hand are pretty pigmented, I'm not positive if these will result the same on lip. In my opinion, they tend to appear slightly sheer especially with a single application. You might end up with a different look if you have very natural pigmented lips. Consistency wise - they are all very creamy and gotta love the non-greasy gloss formula. I personally think they can be somewhat sticky, but not to the point of being annoying.
   
How to use - just twist the wand whatever colour you want to use and apply it using the given applicator. You can apply it on it's own or on top of your favourite lipstick, to make your lip looks fuller. I love how the 'Sephora Color Wand' is formulated without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates. The scent is really nice. All of them have a very sweet scent, mango-ish - in my opinion, and they taste sweet too! Whoops! I accidentally tasted a bit of it when applied! 


Joyeux Anniversaire is a way of saying Happy Birthday in French, just in case if any of you are curious ;P. I definitely recommend signing up for the Sephora White Card Loyalty Programme. Even if you don't shop there often, you can just go in and get your free birthday perk. Not to mention there is also a complimentary gift upon registration. Sign up is easy by heading to one of the Sephora Malaysia or Singapore outlets and this card is free with no minimum purchase required. 

To know more about Sephora loyalty programme, head over to 

Thanks for reading! 

Share This Article:

,

CONVERSATION

19 Comments :

paytonjade said...

It's so awesome how they give you a free gift on your birthday if you're a white card holder! Those little lip glosses are so adorable~
And thanks for the comment on my blog <3 I'd love it if we could follow each other :)

xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

Subham Rai said...

Looks like an amazing product& would you like to follow each other

on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know!

& keep in touch!

X

http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

Mira said...

hey, Ieyra! :D Thanks so much for following my blog! :D Sy pun da follow GFC, n Bloglovin' awk gak! hehe

BYTW, I love your blog! especially the DIYs posts. hmm.. I wonder if I can get this as my bday is a week!

Anyway, do visit my blog again, okay! :D

Love, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com/

Charlotte // BeautySoup said...

That's so cool, happy birthday! x

Beauty
Soup || UK Beauty Blog

Antonella_7694 said...

This seems so good:)
Keep in touch xoxo
beautylove7694.blogspot.com

jadiee bevan said...

Amazing blog post :) had a great read :)


I have just uploaded a new blog post would mean a lot if you was to check it outhttp://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/


have a nice day

jade

babysoulz said...

I see why not! we both have common interests in kpop & beauty! ã…‹ã…‹

Just followed your GFC! ♥

babysoulz said...

will do! ^____^

babysoulz said...

Heuheu terharunya ada orang follow blog kita yang tak seberapa ni. /shy/ :D

p/s : we both have the same name, hehe. xD

babysoulz said...

Thank You!♥ (〃・ω・〃)

babysoulz said...

Hi, I alr followed your blog via GFC ♡´・á´—・`♡

babysoulz said...

Hi Jade, thanks for stopping by my blog ♥(ノ´∀`)
sure, will do! I will definitely be checking out your blog!

Linda said...

Oh wow this is so cute! I'd love this. How nice of them to give you a free gift on your birthday!

http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

Rِeem ♦ ³ said...

that's really nice of them to send you a BD gift :D but I think the actual product is not that good tho
Www.makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

First of all I want to say wonderful blog! I had a quick
question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing.
I've had trouble clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there.
I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted simply just trying to figure out how
to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Thanks!


My webpage :: organic lotions wholesale

lynnn said...

I just read this and wondering if they post the gift to your house or you have to go to the outlet?

ieyra h. said...

Redeem at Sephora! Just show them the email you received. :D

visionsss said...

hi! i just applied for the sephora white card but i have not received the actual card but just a 10% discount voucher with my card number on it. how do i actually get the hard white card? and i just found out that i have to show a welcome email to use the voucher, how long does it take for sephora to send that email? i am so lost about this and will really appreciate your answer! thanks!!

ieyra h. said...

Hi! :D Actually.. it's reaaally been a while since I got the white card, I couldn't remember either I got it straight away after I filled in the form at the counter or weeks later, but I received my black card through registered post and it took 3-4 weeks before it reached me *maybe bc I'm far from KL? not sure.. but there were many others received the card 1 week after it launched.
And..I think usually Sephora is kind of fast about things regarding emails.. have you try to log into your online account? http://loyalty.sephora-sea.com/sea_login or check your junk/spam mails?


Sorry I couldn't help much :/ It's better for you to ask the SA at Sephora in your next visit, the registration system could have been changed. :)