Review | theBalm 'Mary-Lou Manizer'


I believe a lot of people have heard, seen and owned this highlighter from The Balm by now, kan? kan? Actually it's insane how I dragged for a year passing by SASA outlets, swatching the highlighter on the back of my hand and just admiring it without really getting one for my own use. I think it's simple because I wasn't keen with the price! I'd consider everything expensive when the price is above RM50. ;P Anyhow, because of so many positive reviews, I gave it and bought it. I've been using the highlighter for more than 3 months now and it's time for a review.


I'd say theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer is a gorgeous shimmery gold-champange highlighter. When I say gorgeous, I REALLY mean it. It's beautiful. It's stunning. You can insert any suitable emojis here to convey my excitement. Ha.

I mainly used this to highlight my face - cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, below the brows, inner conner of my eyes, chin, and cupid bow. A.K.A, the entire face! (almost, lol). It can also be double as an eyeshadow. The packaging of the highlighter featured a Marilyn look-alike lady named Mary-Lou with a prison theme going on. Sesukehati aku je nak cakap tu serupa Marilyn Monroe eh, but anyhow, I love how theBalm adding humour element to their packaging! talk about marketing strategy!!

The highlighter itself comes with a big round mirror, in which I always prefer. It's easy to open and it close satisfyingly. The texture of the highlighter is smooth, not patchy and it's like being pressed well on the pan. It is to my liking since that could also mean I wouldn't get a lot of fall out. On my face, it will give the nicest glow, not too shimmery or glittery. Just fine, it quickly makes me think no wonder people have been raving about this highlighter. 

Longevity - I'd say throughout the day. Eh bohong, hampir lah. Hampir. Close enough. I don't find myself re-touching it throughout the day. Hmm, oh wait, I didn't bring my highlighter whenever I go out, Lol. Favourite method to apply? Real Techniques Contour Brush but it simply because I don't have any other suitable brushes. Small packed bristles would give you more pigmented effect but the shadow itself is extremely pigmented. Best to apply lightly as I find that makeup to be easily overdone by this unless you purposely wanting your makeup to look wet. 

Swatched indoor.


Product Info;

Name : Mary-Lou Manizer AKA "the Luminizer"
Manufacture : theBalm
Country of Origin : USA
Capacity/Weight : 8.5 g / 0.3 Oz

Ingredients
Mica Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491)

Price : RM72.00 *As for 2015- RM80+
Availability :
(Store) - all SASA outlets in Malaysia
*I purchased this from SASA with 15% discount

As theBalm itself sits between high end - drugstore brands, the price may be steep for some (read, me) but hey, this one's gonna last you for lifetime. It's a nice added bonus if you plan to buy this during sale season though the price different isn't that much =/.
I don't think I will ever finish this, I certainly won't ever need to repurchase! Hehe, but babessss, you need to own it if you haven't already! 

Score: 10/10. BUY IT. SERIOUS.  

Share This Article:

,

CONVERSATION

15 Comments :

Amy said...

Nice review. :)

catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

Rِeem ♦ ³ said...

I'm loving this product seems really nice .. I'm always on hunt for the perfect highlighter :)) thanks for your review
www.makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

babysoulz said...

Thank you!
I love your blog! xx

babysoulz said...

Mine is nothing compares to yours ;P ;P hehe.
Thanks Lux! I enjoy reading your blog!~

Azni said...

A bit pricey but I think It looks okay. Izit ?

Azni said...

A bit pricey but I think it looks ok.

http://scarletz18.blogspot.com/

MakeupForLunch said...

Well, I have a love-hate relationship with the entire brand .. It has the same exact packaging as Benefit
makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

babysoulz said...

Hi Azni! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog :)
Agree that this highlighter is a bit pricey, almost RM100 kan. But I think it's a great investment.
Highlighter guna tak banyak, so beli sekali untuk seumur hidup. Hahah. ;P

babysoulz said...

Really? I like this brand a lot! :D I always thought it doesn't get as much love as it should ;P

babysoulz said...

I'm an Inspirit tbqh! ;P ;P but I do love some of the EXO songs (anddddd my bias is Luhan) SOBS

zsuzsanna wrywood said...

I also like it! Certainly this is a bit like an investment because it will last a lifetime ^^

Z ♥
http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

Najlaa 'aqilah said...

i was really contemplating to buy this the other day and u nfortunately i didn't. thanks to your reviews! i'm rest assured hehe

ieyra h said...

Welcome! I wished there were more highlighters available at Watson/Guardian so we can have more options, hehe. >o<
Thank you for checking out my blog! :D

fara said...

Rm 72? So cheap buy at sasa compared to luxola.my

Chaste and Beautiful said...

Arghhh! I wonder when I am gonna pick this up, it is sublime!!!



http://themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com/