Run, Don't Walk! The Lip Kit Edition.


Here's a little PSA: For those of you who like lipsticks, you'll want to run (not walk) on over to the nearest Sephora (and JPO, if you're nearer) to get these! Read more after the jump.

Hey guys, it's time of the year again when it's almost holiday season and all beauty brands have started to release their holiday gift sets. Sephora SEA also comes out with its curated boxes. We are getting 5 sets here which are; Give me Some Nude Lip Set (RM169), Sunkissed Glow Set (RM189), Time to Prime Set (RM235), The Ultimate Travel Bag Set (RM232), and Quench Your Skin Set (RM238). These are awesome, and with the upcoming 20% off private sale happening this week, prices would be further reduced and they are worth looking into.



Since I'm not the biggest fan of lip products and my collection at home is small, this Sephora Favourites Give Me Some Nude Lip has to be my top pick. It has a great value, priced at RM169, I get a mix of full size and deluxe mini sized lipsticks from a variety of brands. The original prices would be RM396, that means.... it would have been rude not to take advantage of buying this holiday set 😁.



Inside the lip box contains:
1) Nudestix Intense Matte Lip + Cheek (Belle)
2) Moonshot Lip Feat. Lipstick (Barely Nude)
3) Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain (Pink Tea)
4) Kat Von D Mini Studded Kiss Lipstick (Magick)
5) Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Cream (No Angel)
6) Tarte Lippie Lingerie Matte Tint (Whisper)

The first three items are full sized and the one from Nudestix is what I'm most excited about. I've swatched it! Nudestix Belle is such a beautiful colour, described as "pretty perfect plum nude". This lipstick alone is already RM92!! Although Purity would be my colour of choice, Belle still suited my complexion, so I really have nothing to complain about on my end. This lippie kit also has a Marc Jacobs mini in it. We all know this designer brand comes with a hefty price tag, not to mention it's hard to find a sample of it. No Angel is described as "apricot nude" and it has a sheen finishing. 



Another thing I really like about this kit is that the colours selection are wearable for everyday use, they aren't too crazy and festive. However, I do feel like Moonshot Barely Nude could look unflattering against my skin tones, it's light and leans toward the orange hue. Tarte Whisper is said to have a "rose beige" shade, so you see, the collection isn't entirely nude, which I think I'd be grateful for. Hehe. The only lip cream in this kit is from Sephora, whereby they chose Pink Tea as the shade of preference. Personally, I'd say that this shade would be good on fair to medium skin tones. It might wash you out if you have deeper tones.



Since I'm currently still going strong with my #1empty1newbie challenge, I decided not to use any of these lipsticks yet and for that reason, I will show you the swatches taken from Sephora's official Instagram;



Moving on, a bonus post. Last week I was at Johor and I had the opportunity to go to Johor Premium Outlet and if I remember it correctly, 2016 Christmas was the last time I shopped there. I had a major Bath and Body Works and The Body haul, took a bunch of photos, edited them and forgot to do a blog post about it. Lol. Anyway, there wasn't a lot of interesting promotions going on last week so based on my previous experiences, the best bet is to go there during the holiday season. And while I was walking around, not feeling happy, I spotted Urban Decay products at a store called as Cosmetics and Designer Fragrances!!! Ah, is this new? I didn't know they sell UD in that shop 😅. 



The best purchase I did was the Urban Decay Prep Spray travel size at RM35. Not an old stock since the expiry date is in 2019, they just simply letting go at a low price because Urban Decay recently revamped the packaging. I also got the Urban Decay Full Frontal Reloaded Vice Lipsticks for RM150 only, and just like the spray, these lipsticks have a long way to go before they get expired. I'm saving this as a gift for someone (with the hope she would not read this post), so, welp, again no swatches for you guys, sorry!



"Satisfy your lipstick vice. We loaded this limited-edition set with five creamy, addictive shades of Vice Lipstick-from neutral to bright, dark to light. Experiment with new shades and cult favourites in five different finishes: Comfort Matte, Cream, Metallized, Sheer Shimer and Shheer. We even included a full-size Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil, our clear, thick-barreled pencil that's clinically proven to make lip colour last 8 hours. It prevens feathering, correct mistakes and fills in fine lines!" - taken from the body label.


I'm loving the box that these Full Frontal Reloaded Vice Lipsticks come in. It's so nice and looks very exclusive. It has a black satin strap on each of the sides and they are used to flip open the box. Good for display. Sesuai sangatlah buat hadiah. The shade includes;
1) Seismic (sheer shimmer) - plum purple with red sheer shimmer
2) Gash (cream) - deep red cream with tonal shimmer
3) Big Bang (metallized) - metallic bright pink sparkle
4) Snitch (sheer)  - sheer pale coral-pink
5) 1993 (comfort matte) - matte medium brown



Overall, this is definitely a nice set to introduce yourself to the Vice lipstick world. Each of these lipsticks sells separately at RM75 while the Ultimate Ozone Multi-Purpose Lip Primer is RM65, making the total value of RM440. I really saved a lot, didn't I? 😊. Let me know what you think.


Follow

Share This Article:

,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments :