The Holy Grail of Makeup Remover | Bioderma


I couldn't remember from whom I first heard about this product, but literally almost all gurus in my YouTube's following list have been saying good things about Bioderma. I've been a hunt for this famous brand in Malaysia ever since. Luckily, Bioderma is finally landed into our market somewhere around March 2014 and later is available exclusively for Guardian Pharmacy. I bought mine online and I went for this travel size which was pretty convenient at time. I didn't want to commit to such a large bottle if it doesn't work. 

So here are my notes about Bioderma Sensibio H2O.



Of course, some of you have watched hundreds beauty videos and read many blog posts raving about Bioderma as their holy grail makeup remover. I can confirm that, yes, it is worth the hype! I'm falling in love. 

To be more specific, if there's one thing I really like about this product is how gentle it could be to my skin especially around my eyes area. But, I don't just like Bioderma for one particular reason. Gently product it may be, it is tough enough to remove almost all long lasting, waterproof makeup without extremely rubbing or tugging the skin with cotton pads. I couldn't say 'completely' as it hardly remove my Kate Eyeliner but then again, that's an eyeliner where only oil based makeup remover would work. 

Normally, most of the makeup removers (doesn't matter if it's oil or water based) gives me burning sensations at the bottom part of my eyes. Not only that, some are also giving me cloudy eyes and redness. But with Bioderma, none of them are happening and those should be the additional reasons on why do I like this product. 

The texture of this solution is indeed feels lighter than other greasy makeup removers. It doesn't leave any residue and there is no scent or perfume at all, which is great if you have sensitive skin. It purely feels like water (what's better, miracle water!! ;P)




I use two or three cotton pads soaked in this micellar solution enough to remove the makeup all over my face. However, due to it's expensive price, I have to berjimat-cermat in using this, lol. Also since I have 5 other bottles of makeup removers (crazy) but 4 of them stings on me (that's explained why I have so many), I strictly use Bioderma to remove my eye makeup. Bioderma claimed that once doesn't need to rinse her face after using but I do my double cleansing anyway since it's just a habit of mine. 

Now onto another cons of Bioderma, it is not nationally available. I don't know why it is so but I wish they have the full range of Bioderma skincare here in my local Guardian Pharmacy. As I told you I bought mine online so I need to pay for the shipping cost too, but I always take the advantage whenever Guardian is offering free shipping. Due to it's popularity, this particular red coloured Bioderma cleansing water for sensitive skin is always sold out. I hardly find any of this  whenever I walk into KLCC's Guardian. That left me with the green bottle - formulate specifically to combination-oily skin and blue bottle - sensitive dehydrated skin. Both are scented, so I rather use the one formulated for sensitive skin. 

Next, is the price - expensive. It used to be RM30+ when I first got this, not long until they increased to RM43+, and further increased to RM45.83 today. You'd need to pay a total of RM52.82 (appx $14), inclusive shipping and GST if you were to buy from Guardian online store. And that's my friends, is a price for a freaking 100ml bottle. What a rip-off.... sighs. 
Another size we have here is 250ml, retailing at RM80.83. Worth it? Well, if you have extra cash then why not? But if you found a cheaper option that works well too, then I don't think the needs of Bioderma. More like in my opinion I'd rather spend the same amount of money on other beauty things like palettes. Nevertheless, Bioderma is something that I'd highly recommend that I wish I had lots and lots of money right now to subscribe for an unending supply of this stuff. 

Product Info; 

Name : Sensibio H2O 
Manufacturer : Bioderma
Country of Origin : France
Content : 100 ml
Price : RM 45.83 (inclusive GST)

On the website:  
Sensibio H2O is the first and only dermatological micellar water perfectly compatible with the skin, it's fatty acid esters, the constituent elements of micelles, are similar to the phospholipids of the skin cell membrane and naturally help rebuild the skin's hydrolipidic film.
Product benefits :
- combines performance and very high tolerance
- cleanses and removes make-up from the face and eyes
- soothes and clears up irritated skin
- produces a feeling of instant freshness
- non-rinse 

Availability (Malaysia)
(Store) - Bioderma counter at Isetan KLCC, Selected Guardian Pharmacy
(Online) - https://online.guardian.com.my/

Linkhttp://www.bioderma.com/en/our-products/sensibio/h2o

Have you tried? What are your opinion about it? Thank you for reading and have a wonderful April ahead ;)

Share This Article:

, ,

CONVERSATION

22 Comments :

Jolien Nathalie said...

This makeup remover is awsome but in fact, very expensive! I used to purchase it over and over untill I found a great dupe, the Garnier Micellar water. It works just as well and it's much cheaper! :) Nice post girly!

Resh said...

Absolutely love this product, Literally takes all the makeup off! Great Review!! X

Sakuranko said...

I love it this product, but is very pricey so that is the bad.
xx

Amy said...

Oh, this looks amazing! I'm going to have to try it, thank you for sharing ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

Melissa Ortiz said...

I love this product! but like you mentioned, it is pretty pricey! It definitely does a great job at removing all my eye make up though. Due to the price, I've replaced it with Simple's Cleansing Micellar water- that one works pretty well :)

Shad said...

If and only if I hev lots of $$, will have to try this on... I think it is worth to have it bcoz the feedback from user totally awesome, even it is quite pricey kan... hehe.. Thank you for sharing..

ieyra h said...

Oh My.. I've been dying to try micellar water from Garnier. I saw you using it in your latest video. ;P As for Bioderma, despite it's great reputation, I just couldn't justify spending almost $15 on a makeup removing product considering how fast I can go through a bottle but then again it's sooo hard to find the ones that doesn't break me out. >_<

ieyra h said...

Agree! and it doesn't break me out at all! Love it!! <3 <3

ieyra h said...

I agree it is really pricey, luckily I got it before my local drugstore increased the price. I'm still trying to figure out the best alternative to this. Let me know if you have any suggestion. :)

ieyra h said...

It is indeed the most amazing makeup remover I've tried so far. ;D but for wallet-friendly option, I might give this a pass and try on other brands. :)

ieyra h said...

Awesome! Good to know that Melissa. I believe Simple's Cleansing Micellar Water is a brand new product in the drugstore? It hasn't yet reached Malaysia, but finger crossed hope it does real soon! :D

ieyra h said...

It's actually sooooooo good. Yes worth giving it a try and I'm positive you won't regret it. Tapi tak banyak Guardian ada jual. Jenuh nak cari~ >____<

Shad said...

haaa, jenuh nak mencari ni haa... :D
http://akuvsdiashadhira.blogspot.com/

Rِeem ♦ ³ said...

Seems like a great brand... I've heard about it before but never tried any of their products ..
makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

Beauty Follower said...

One of the best MUR I have ever tried!

http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

ieyra h said...

Yes, definitely! Let me know if you give it a go! <3

ieyra h said...

Agree! I always used my SIMPLE makeup remover to remove my makeup and I loved it but when Bioderma started available in my country, ofc I had to try it! ;D

Amoi Farah said...

Banyak baca kata nie remover makeup yang best tapi sayangnya kat johor tak jumpa pon T.T haishh macam nak kena pindah KL jek nie huhuhuhu

ieyra h said...

Kat KL pun selalu sold out yang botol merah ni, so saddd! Try tengok stock dekat Guardian online! Beli ni pun dulu dekat situ~ :D

Najlaa 'Aqilah said...

great product indeed tapi mahal gilaaaaaaaaa T_T

ieyra h said...

Kan!! *no money* and dekat Melaka ni I only saw the green bottle! :(

Fiona He said...

This is my holy grail makeup remover too! <3 Really love it! However it's hard to find it here, that's why have been using Garnier micellar water! Love it too! Very cheaper! <3
P.S. I followed you! Go girl! Loves! <3 <3

http://missfionahe.blogspot.com/