Review | Collection Lasting Perfection Unlimited Wear Concealer


I'm back today for reviewing another makeup product which again, just like my previous post has been well raved in the beauty community. I couldn't resist giving into the hype and trying it out. The first month it was being sold (around May 2014), it took over the beauty lovers in Malaysia by storm. I remember went into Watson KLCC several times just to check whether the shade 03 Warm Medium was back in stock.

Without futher ado, here are my thoughts on Collection Cosmetics Lasting Perfection Unlimited Wear Concealer or also known as Collection 2000 Concealer.



This product claims that is promises all of the below;
Ultimate wear concealer conceals flaws, imperfections and blemishes for up to 16 hours
Transfer proof and water resistant for full and long lasting coverage
Provides beautiful, shine-free, blemish-free skin for every waking hour

HMM. Where should I start this... Because of the hype, I ended up purchasing 3 tubes of it. I have one in the 02 Cool Medium shade and another 2 tubes in 03 Warm Medium. I must be the absolute odd one out not liking this concealer despite it's never ending good reviews you could possibly find on the internet. Maybe it's just my skin? maybe I set my expectations too high? or I have already found my holy grail concealer at the moment so nothing beats that?



The packaging is very basic and after several months of using it, I've noticed the print on the tube rubbed off pretty fast. If you're fussy about this then a coat of clear nail top coat will do a trick. The concealer comes with a doe foot applicator which I like since it makes the application more easier and hygienic. It has this plastic scent but it doesn't really bothers me. 

The texture of this famous concealer is thick and the coverage is high, which I find it suitable for covering blemishes and pigmentations. Even so, I hardly cover my imperfections using concealer since I prefer more natural-looking on most of the day and let my foundation do the job. I have my other 2 biggest concerns which are redness and dark circle around my eyes. Everytime I watch Youtubers like Zoella and Tanya Burr, I'm so amazed at how this product really conceal their dark circles. 
BUT WHY CAN'T IT WORKS THE SAME ON ME ;___; Sorry ladies, it does nothing apart from emphasising my dark circle. Not to mention it can be cakeycreases, and may settle around dry patches and fine lines a lot. 02 Cool Medium is too light for my under eyes and would only result in making the area grey-ish. 03 Warm Medium seems like a perfect colour match to my skin tone. Still, it doesn't conceal both my dark circles and redness. Normally I would end up like I'm actually wearing heavy makeup with this concealer (patchy). 

Ingredients
indoor, natural lighting, without flash.
The lighter shade can be a good highlight colour on me. I'm okay with it but what bothers me a lot is how the concealer dries out fast. Work with it quickly, otherwise it needs a lot of blending. I'd suggest to do one part of highlighting at a time using damp beauty sponge.

I can't give up on 03 shade easily and after it is being abandon in my stack for quite some times, I finally get a good use of this product - concealing unwanted eyebrow hair. I find the consistency is just right for concealing and results in more natural makeup. Of course it won't hide as much as the usual glue techniques yang MUAs selalu guna dekat pengantin tu hashtag #teknikgam #notrimeyebrows dekat Instagram tue, tapi... boleh lah :) Not precise but it's okay. 

Product Info; 

Name : Lasting Perfection Unlimited Wear Concealer
Manufacturer : Collection Cosmetics
Country of Origin : Developed in UK, Made in PRC
Content : 10g
Price : RM 21.05 (I bought it at RM19.90)

On the website:  
Conceals flaws, imperfections and blemishes for up to 16 hours, water resistant and transfer proof and it's available in Light, Fair, Medium and Dark. [source]

Availability (Malaysia)
(Store) - Selected Watsons pharmacies, all fashion label F Block Stores
(Online) - http://www.watsons.com.my/

Links : 
Collection Cosmetic Official Website : http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/
Facebook (Malaysia) : https://www.facebook.com/CollectionCosmeticsMY
Instagram (Malaysia) : http://instagram.com/collectionmalaysia 

Overall, I think I can see why people been raving about this concealer. For the price, I think it's a good, high coverage concealer and able to cover face imperfections but for under eyes, I'm still disappointed. Repurchase? Probably not, but I hope that won't stop you from trying out this concealer. 

Have any of you tried on this product ? What's your take? and how do you applied it? Please do share any tips with me because I really want it to work, lol. TQ for reading this review! ;D

Share This Article:

,

CONVERSATION

23 Comments :

Resh said...

ohh woow thats a shame it didn't work out for you, I use it and I love it!! I use a primer first then apply the concealer, after that set it with a little bit of powder. hope it works out!!

Amy said...

It's too bad that you didn't really like it! Thank you for the review, though ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

Melissa Ortiz said...

aw, sorry to hear you didn't like it! It is always dissapointing when people rave so much about products and I end up not liking them as much... haha :( Have you found a good product that you would recommend for concealing dark circles?

shad said...

Thank for the review sis ieyra.. an affordable one, might try this next time.. tapi dia tak cover imperfection sgt eh, dark circle.. hehe..

ieyra h said...

Hi Melissa! For dark circles, I know a lot of people prefer to use MAC Prolongwear concealer but I personally like MAC Mineralize although I don't wear it on daily bases. My holy grail is actually a concealer from Maybelline and it's also from a mineralize range, lol! It's the Mineral Healthy Natural Concealer. Such a shame that Maybelline only makes it available in Asean countries and discontinued in State :((

ieyra h said...

You're welcome Shad. :) Yep, it is indeed very affordable. Same price with Maybelline's concealer, but I'd only suggest this to cover blemishes, pimples dan sewaktu dengannya hehe. Susah actually nak cari negative reviews on this concealer... but here's one. ;P ;P ;P

ieyra h said...

Most of the time, I conduct heavy research via the internet before buying any makeup products, but this one just failed me miserably haha.

ieyra h said...

Ah, I think I still have a concealer primer from Benefit that I haven't used. Hoping that would work! Thank you so much for the tips, Resh! ;D ;D I'm so glad that I can finally get Collection Cosmetics over here. Let me know if there are other products of them worth trying. :D

Rِeem ♦ ³ said...

Another concealer with a wand hmm.. interesting. So bad you didn't like them *_* the hype is sometimes an illusion *deep quote* makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

Maireem Maneje said...

Nice review, very honest and covered :) love it :)


www.maireem.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Nice honest review :)

Spiceadvicexo.blogspot.com

Sakuranko said...

This kind of thing happens to me too. I read great reviews about a product and when I try by myself is the worst.
Thanks for be honest with your review.
xx


www.sakuranko.com

Claudia said...

Thank you for passing by my blog and commenting~ Would you like to keep in contact and follow each other? If so let me know!

ieyra h said...

actually the company does not marketing this as an undereyes concealer. but most of the youtubers I've seen using it that way 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) I probably had my expectations too high! lol.

ieyra h said...

(。・ω・。) aww thank you Maireem! Let me know if you give this concealer a try. :)

ieyra h said...

IKR! It's so frustrating! I bought 3 tubes of this concealer. Lol. I guess no matter what I would need to make a good use of them, I don't want my money to get wasted! ;P

ieyra h said...

IKR! It's so frustrating! I bought 3 tubes of this concealer.. Lol. I guess no matter what I would need to make a good use of them, I don't want my money to get wasted! ;P

ieyra h said...

actually the company does not marketing this as an undereyes concealer.. but most of the youtubers I've seen using it that way 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) I probably had my expectations too high! lol.

Jolien Nathalie said...

I don't get de hype around it either, I agree with everything you said. It's really drying, it creases and it also turns out looking grey, I started using it as an eyeprimer, maybe you could try that? It works really well that way :)

sab_ri_na said...

Ohh we have the same review! First time guna tak suka sangat sebab too thick,then cepat kering. After sometime, just guna untuk cover scars, redness. If dark circle, mmg tak ngam. Still prefer maybelline punya. Sebab sayang dah beli, pakai je lah sampai habis :P

ieyra h said...

HIGH FIVES! Yes, I think the consistency is good enough to cover redness and blemishes, but for undereyes, better stay aware je kot. Haha. As you may have know my brows are everywhere, kalau rajin sikit, I'd use this to cover, tapi biasanya pemalas. Heheheheh

Reana Pk said...

Benefits. Skin looks perfected with this natural coverage liquid concealer. This oil-free concealer formula conceals redness, flaws, and blemishes. Matches all skin tones.
fit me concealer

Saim Ali said...

well you should start from cleansing your skin and then uses some moisturizer, start applying primer and concealer on your face i used this method and all things set really well
cerave facial cleanser online in pakistan