Recipe | Lemon Cupcakes


Haven't baked for awhile, so I made lemon cupcakes with a cream cheese lemon frosting. I used simple, everyday ingredients that you can find in the kitchen. the recipe was adapted from Sally's Baking. I wanted my cupcakes to be slightly moist rather than buttery, instead of using butter, I substituted it with canola oil and they still turned out well! I got 18 pan-size cupcakes by using this recipe! :) 

I topped them with simple cream cheese frosting with lil squeeze of lemon juice so it gave me a slightly zesty flavour. (More lemons, YASSS).
I did not add salt to the frosting because..
cream cheese itself already salty. It was just a simple frosting with cream cheese, unsalted butter, icing sugars and lemon. Feel free to use different toppings such as buttercream or simple lemon glazing. 

Also, I ran out of small pasty bag, so I just used a butter knife and gently slide it over the cupcake's surface. (Dasar pemalas nak decorate herher)




P/S : I did not have my DSLR camera on hand, so excuse me for the pictures quality, hehe. Nope, no filters, straight from my phone's camera with natural lights. They weren't bright because it was dark outside when I took them. (I still find them pretty though). Vintage filter gitu. XD

P/S 2: it was sooooo difficult to actually find a recipe that used vegetable oil and the measurements were in grams OTL. It was my try and error - Since I used 2 liquids for my batter (oil & milk), I did find my batter was a bit watery at first. So  I ended up by adding 3-4 tablespoons of flour so the batter achieved the slightly thick consistency.

***

Recipe : 

(makes 16-18 cupcakes)


- 2 eggs

- 190 grams granulated sugars
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 100 ml buttermilk or milk
- 60 ml canola oil

- 200 grams all-purpose flour

- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt

- Zest and fresh juice of one lemon



Directions :

1. Preheat oven 180 degree celcius. Line muffin pan with cupcakes liners
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside
3. In another bowl, using a medium speed of a hand mixture / electric mixture, beat in eggs and gradually add in granulated sugars. Continue beating about 2-3 minutes until the batter becomes creamy.
4. Add vanilla essence. Mix well.
5. Add buttermilk and canola oil. Whisk until combine.
6. Slowly add in dry ingredients (flour mixture) to wet ingredients in 3 additions, stirring by hand after each addition.
7. Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix untill just combined, do not overmix. Slightly lumpy batter is okay. 
8. Scoop the batter using ice-cream scoop onto the prepared muffin pan.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before decorating

P/S 3: I never buy buttermilk this time. I added 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to regular milk, stir and let it sit for 8 minutes until the milk curdles. 

HAPPY BAKING  
XOXO.

Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

0 Comments :