Recipe | Coconut Cupcakes


I have some left over whipping cream that I wanted to use more of and needed to make some evening snacks since all the family members are at home. So I went looking for a recipe that I have not tried, and I thought; hey let makes some vanilla cupcakes, bahan semua dah ada!
Here's the deal, I love coconut.....and yogurt! I still have a lot of natural yogurt because I eat it as my midnight snack - with fruits. Tapi yogurt tak tahan lama kan, and I was wondering, what should I do with the rest of it. I took the risk of adding it to my cream cheese instead of lemon zest to give my frosting a tangy flavour. 


Here, I am still using joysofbaking's recipe but I changed it around a bit to suit my tastes. So if you are a coconut lover and you are looking for a perfect cupcake recipe, then search no more than this recipe as it is easy enough for everyone to make and enjoy.  

This recipe makes 12-15 cupcakes depending on paper case size. 

for vanilla cupcakes;

- 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon or lime zest
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature.
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk


Yogurt Cream Cheese Frosting;

- 2 1/2 cups (300 grams) icing sugar, or desired consistency
- 4 tablespoons (55 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (112 grams) cream cheese, room temperature
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the cake, preheat oven to 180 degrees. Combine and sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat butter until soft (1-2 minutes) using hand/electric mixer. Add in sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy (3 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition. Then, add in vanilla extract and beat just to combine.
Set your mixer to medium-low speed, add in flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating it with milk (flour in 3 additions, milk in 2 additions) . Beat the batter until all combined.
Bake 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not overbaked~ Nanti your cake will dry out.

While the cupcakes cool, prepare for the frosting. Beat in butter until light and fluffy. Add in cream cheese , yogurt, then vanilla extract. With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in the sugar.
Gradually add in whipping cream and beat the mixture on high speed until the frosting is light and fluffy (3-4 minutes). If your frosting is too thick, you can add a little milk or whip cream.

Lastly, garnish the cupcakes with coconut flaked.


done! I'm using a petal tip to get the petal look-alike frosting.


p/s - btw guys, i am on pinterest! check it out \o/. heheh.

Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

0 Comments :