Recipe | Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Happy Thursday everyone. I hope you have all had a lovely week so far. :)
So, I finally learnt how to do the cup song. My friend tried to teach me but I failed. 
Now I can, self-learned from youtube and it's actually so-freaking-easy once you get correct rhythm (really). Phew, I feel so extremely accomplish, haha. 
Bad news of the week. I sprained my ankle! very, very bad. Tripped and fall down on a tar road. Bleeding here and there. I couldn't even go upstairs to my room lol. 

Anyway, lama tak blog pasal recipe kan, why not today. I made red velvet cupcakes for Eid celebration using the recipe that I got from joysofbaking. Kaki sakit, jalan terhenjut-henjut pun still nak bake. Omg passion sungguh kau. 

p/s I have tried making red velvet before but it was a cake, you can see the recipe here. So below is the recipe for cupakes version. 


This recipe is for 24 cupcakes but since I used tall size muffin liner, I got 18 cups.

For cupcakes;
- 2 1/2 cup (250g) cake flour *cake flour is preferable but I just use all purposed flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon (15g) cocoa powder 
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon liquid red food colouring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 

Method
- Preheat oven 175'C.
- Line cupcake with liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together your cake flour, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.

1) Beat in butter until soft using electric mixture(1-2 minutes)
2) Add in sugar and continue beating until they are light and fluffy (2-3 minutes)
3) Add the eggs, one by one, beat well in each addition
4) Next, add in vanilla essence and beat well until they are mixed

5) In a measuring cup of buttermilk, add in red food colouring and whisk it. 

6) With the electric mixture of medium speed, alternately add in flour mixture and buttermilk to your butter mixture. (In 3 additions). Maksudnya you put in 1/2 flour mixture -> all of your buttermilk -> the rest of the flour mixture)

7) Combine baking soda and vinegar in a small cup. Allow the mixture to fizz and QUICKY add into cake batter, fold your batter using spatula
8) Scoop butter into cupcakes liner filling 2/3 full
9) Bake cupcakes inside the oven (170'C) for 20-25 minutes or toothpick come out clean
10) Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. You can put them in the freezer at least for an hour or overnight. This help to the process of filling and decorating your cakes easier.



Cream cheese frosting
- 227g cream cheese, room temperature
- 227g mascarpone cheese, room temperature (but I didn't put)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 115g icing sugar, shifted 
- 1 cup (360g) of whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional) //but believe me, adding lemon zest or 1 teaspoon of lemon juice will make your frosting tastes much better!

Method
1) Using electric mixture, beat cheese cream with mascarpone cheese until smooth
2) Add in vanilla essence and icing sugar, keep beating until they are smooth
3) Gradually add in whipping cream and whip until the frosting is thick enough to spread. You can add in lemon zest too like what I did. Hehe
* kalau nak ubah consistency, like if you want your frosting to be thin, add in extra cream, thick - add in icing sugar.



Okay siap! enjoy
:D

Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

0 Comments :