These 3 Products Were My Intro to The Ordinary Skincare Brand


The Ordinary is a relatively new skincare brand in the market. It was first launched by Deciem in September 2016. My participation in hauling things from The Ordinary started because of Wayne Goss on Youtube and soon after that, a Redditor posted about it on the AB Subreddit. It was not long enough until I saw few of my Instagram following started incorporating some of the serums from The Ordinary into their skincare routine. After few months of lusting and literally convincing myself that I needed new serums, I took the chance of purchasing three of The Ordinary products when one of my AB friends, Karyn, organised a  haul from ASOS.


So yes, besides Deciem official website, you can get The Ordinary products from; ASOSVictoria HealthBeauty Bayand a lot of personal shoppers on Instagram, just find for the correct hashtags like #theordinaryskincaremalaysia and #sayajualtheordinary. It took ASOS nearly one month before the parcel safely arrived in Malaysia but it could be a lot faster if it wasn't because of the public holiday. Shipping is free, as long as it's an order over £20.00 (approximately RM110).



My Haul.
As most of you will probably know by now, I'm a big fan of COSRX exfoliants, but I needed something that is more "strong" or  "potent". Hence, I opted for the Advance Retinoid 2% (30ml/£8.00) This was the product I most excited about but at the same time very hesitant to try. To my knowledge, some forms of retinoids are categorised as OTC (over-the-counter) products in Malaysia where you need to have a referral letter from dermatologist in order to purchase it. So, sekarang aku macam selamber je beli kan? haha.


The Ordinary Advance Retinoid 2% 
Anyway, why I bought this? Simple.
Because it's a freaking retinoid! One of the most powerful, well-researched anti-aging ingredient. Not only it's proven to diminish fine lines, wrinkles and sun damaged appearances, it also helps in enhancing collagen production in the skin whilst keeping acnes and large pores at the bay. However, as powerful as it may sounds, retinoid, or basically, any forms of Vitamin A derivatives could easily cause a dry, over exfoliate and irritation to the skin and that makes sense why KMM doesn't sell retinol creams easily in our pharmacy. 

Up to date, I've only tried The Ordinary Advance Retinoid 2% on and off on my forehead for 2 weeks so I can't give you any further details yet. All I can say is this stuff should be gentle enough for my skin since I do not experience any sort of tingling sensation and dryness.


The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
Another product I haul from The Ordinary is the Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG (30ml/£6.00). Some studies (although I haven't been searching for them) show that caffeine and Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside (EGCG) from green tea leaves able to help in reducing the appearance of dark circle and puffiness around the eyes. This wasn't in my original plan to buy but since a lot of my friends got one.... I pun apa lagi? beli la 1! Hehe. Noticed how this stuff and also the Advance Retinoid both are in a dark, UV-protective packaging? My advice is to not store them nearby the window so that they can achieve maximum shelf life. I keep mine in a drawer, away from direct sunlight.


The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
After a certain amount of time I spent doing my "K-Beauty research", I realised that niacinamide is not a stranger to most of their skincare formulations. Even in Missha's Time Revolution First Treatment Essence (MY FAV, MY HOLY GRAIL), it does have niacinamide as one of the main ingredients. I mainly see excellent reviews on how niacinamide helps in diminishing dark spots and brightens the skin. Well, I experienced it too! The chok-chok, glowing skin! So that was what makes me want to buy Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (30ml/£5.00) in the first place. Anyway, so far I've tested it on both of my cheeks, avoiding forehead (for no particular reason, really), but I've been noticing new breakouts ever since. It might not be working on me albeit it's too soon to comment.



My current wishlist includes;
[1] The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution 
(as an alternative to my COSRX AHA & BHA).
[2] The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% 
(for kicking away my  forehead furrow line and also under eye fine lines omfg I'm old)
[3] The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution 
(low pH, as an alternative to COSRX AHA & BHA Clarifying Toner)



More to come! In the meantime, check out The Ordinary Official Website to learn more about them and to see other products that they're offering. What's your favourite product from this brand and also, what's in your wishlist? Thank you so much for reading! I have 2 more hauls coming soon and I know it's really been a while since I write an actual review on this blog. I did write some on my Instagram, so follow me if you haven't already! [link].


Follow

Share This Article:

, ,

CONVERSATION

11 Comments :

Harivaindaran K. Veeriah said...

OMG, I can't seem to escape this brand on Instagram! Everyone is buying it!!!
http://fiercepaint.wordpress.com/

Shad said...

I first know about this Ordinary range from vlogger Liah Yoo and now everyone is buying this!! Kak Ieyra, you terjebak jugak yeee. Hehe. Thank you for sharing the info and where to buy this product. Would love to try the caffeine ++ name one. Hehe

I love you, too. said...


شركة تنظيف بالجبيل

Danish said...

Is there any possible way that i can get any ordinary products in malaysia? Not even sephora

Amalina Suraya Sahar said...

A good and helpful write up. But just to correct you that over-the-counter (OTC) drugs/products can be purchased without prescription. Some retinoid creams in Malaysia are categorised as poison, eg: tretinoin cream, thereby it requires prescription from dermatologist 😅🙂

ieyra h. said...

Thank you so much for the correction! 👍

Anonymous said...

I bllog quite ofen and I really appreciate your content.

Your article has truly peaked my interest. I am goinjg tto book ark
your blog and keep checking for new information about once a week.
I subscribed to your Feed as well.

darrendarren said...

ASOS no longer ships The Ordinary products to Malaysia.

Reana Pk said...

The the ordinary peeling solution worked incredibly for me! The microscope showed that it got rid of some blackheads I had, unclogged some pores, and got rid of the overall dryness on my pigment changes. I have used it quite a few times since and I love it!

Reana Pk said...

the ordinary peeling solution recommends using the Peeling Solution “no more than twice a week.” And even that may be too often if you've got fairly reactive skin.

Iris Chen said...

I am Iris and I am the Sales Manager of InSight Election Limited, which is a cosmetics supply company based in HongKong. If you have any inquiries in beauty products, we can be friends and support you professional supply chain. This is my WhatsApp +86 13530495871 :)