Recipe | Lemon Drizzle Cake


Now, when was the last time I posted a recipe on this blog??! 
 bosan gila belog ni reviews je memanjang. ;P 

So, if you have been following me for a while, you already know that I really like to bake. Last month (or last 2 months, or 3 months, omg I really need to stop procrastinating on my blog post), I decided to make a lemon pound cake since there were a lot of lemons in the refrigerator from all my grocery shopping. Then I remember about this post had been sitting in my draft since last year's September before I decided to update it.  

The cake I made was inspired by Vivianadoesmakeup - one of the well-known beauty vlogger on YouTube. I can promise you this cake is really delicious, it feels so fluffy and moist at the same time. Cara nak buat pun kacang gilaaa, this kind of recipe is like you combine everything and dah siap, siapa yang malas boleh order dari saya eh tetiba.

Without further ado, here's my take on Viviana's Lemon Drizzle Cake. 



Ingredients

A) THE CAKE
  • 225g Salted Butter, room temperature
  • 225g Caster Sugar (I used 190g)
  • 4 Large Eggs
  • 275g Self-Raising Flour, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 4 tablespoon milk
  • 2 lemons, finely grate the rind
B) LEMON GLAZE
  • Juice of 2 Lemons
  • 175g Granulated Sugar (I used 50g Icing Sugar)

Instructions
Preheat oven at 180 degree celcius. I usually do mine for 15 minutes. Optional - either grease your baking tin with some butter or lay the tin with some parchment paper. Now, you can do the easy way - mix everything in one large bowl and use wooden spoon or an electric mixture to combine. then bake it for 40 minutes.
or, 
the more typical/usual/leceh way, so that the batter will combine more nicely but I find that this results in a slightly thin batter. Steps are as follow,

- With medium to high speed, beat in butter and caster sugar until combine

- Gradually beat in eggs, one at a time, and mix the batter until light and fluffy

- With medium to low speed, add in flour, baking powder and lemon zest. Beat just to combine

- Add in milk and lemon juice. Mix well

- Pour the batter evenly into the baking tin and bake for 30-35 minutes

In the mean time, mix the juice of lemon (according to your preferences) and icing sugar together in a small bowl to make the glaze. Pour and spread the glaze all over the cake. Wait it cool for at least 5 minutes and it's ready to eat!


Although my sister thinks the lemon cake tasted better with the glaze, I always prefer without it because I'm not a sweet tooth. Hope you give this recipe a try! It's so good with a cup of tea~ :D

Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

5 Comments :

Amy said...

Wow, this looks amazing! I love anything with lemon in it ♥
Amy xx

Perfect Imperfections

melody said...

yummy
i am following you, please follow back

http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

Melissa Ortiz said...

oh my goodness, this looks so delicious! <3 thanks for sharing the recipe :)

ieyra h said...

Me too!! :D I hope you'll try this recipe, just make sure you're using self raising flour instead the regular ones. ;D

ieyra h said...

you're most welcome! ;D you can refer to viviana's video on youtube. I make the cake exactly like hers but with less amount of sugar ;D