Review | INNISFREE No-Sebum Mineral Pact


Innisfree No Sebum Powder is one of the brand's most popular makeup items. It gets amazing 5-star rating reviews on its official site and people have been talking about it since forever. I've had the compressed powder version for about 5 months now since my last Althea haul and now I'm ready to tell you my thoughts. Is it worth the hype? Read more after the jump break.


What It Is?
This sebum control powder pact is designed to portray a soft and powdery complexion.

How To Use
In the last stage of your skincare or makeup routine, use the powder puff to gently apply onto entire face or sebum concentrated areas. This product may also be used in the last stage of makeup or as desired throughout the day when shine becomes a concern.



Skin Condition and Trial Period
Still normal-drying and dehydrated. Interestingly, I get oily faster on my forehead and nose when I'm covered with makeup. I also have pre-mature ageing skin around under eyes area.

What I Look For In A Powder?
1. Firstly, I prefer translucent. Why? It's simply because I'm wearing liquid foundation or BB cushions for most of the time and having a translucent/transparent/no colour powder in the kit instead of the coloured one seems more convenient as I do not look for a "heavier" coverage. Plus, sometimes, it's hard to find a coloured pressed powder that will match out my base. 
2. Secondly, I look for a powder that will not exaggerate the fine lines I have around the eyes. This is a tough job and I'm not even going to lie. 
3. Thirdly, cheap. Normally, I will splurge more on liquid foundation, not powder.

Packaging
Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Pact comes in a fairly simple packaging- bottom part is the compressed powder and mirror is glued to the lid part. It's small, smaller than my palm but I'm liking it because it has everything in the compact, including a fluffy sponge. Apart from its expiring date, the body label offers a simple description in Korean as well as in English. I love the mint case, by the way, it's not flimsy and doesn't catch up any fingerprints. You get 8.5g of product for the price of RM44 (Innisfree store) and it's even cheaper online (I got mine from Althea).



Ingredients
Mica, Silica, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Polyethene, Octydodecylsteroly Stearate, Squalane, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ethyhexyglycrin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Dimethicone, Mineral Salts, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract.

Verdicts
1. Cheap that works.
Having used it now for several months, I can honestly say that this powder is fantastic to my skin. It's lightweight, smooth, finely milled, blurring imperfections, barely settle into fine lines - it basically ticks everything that I want for a face powder. There's only one shade, which is white and it is not meant to add any coverage at all since it's not tinted, it exists solely to mattify and set the underneath foundation or BB cream and that's how I have been using it. The closest drugstore equivalent to this mattifying powder that I can think of is Essence's All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder, available in our Watsons.

2. Finishing
Smooth and silky. Mica or chemically known as Potassium Aluminium Silicate definitely plays a major role in this. The mineral gives us a soft and slippery feel to the skin which I think it's true.

3. Mattifying and oil control capability.
I'm completely blown away by how mattifying this powder is (sekali letak je terus hilang segala shine), so apart from setting down the foundation (it goes on translucent when applied, no colour change btw), you can always use this to mattify a sunscreen. As you can see below, the left part of my hand is shinier than the part where I dab on Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact. For oil control- it's not anything near intense, I usually start to get a little shine 3-4 hours when I have this on. However, it's still a reliable powder and I'm not going to give up just yet. 




3. Portable
So, here's a fun fact- Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact was my first compressed face powder I got after years living without any. The last time I bought myself one (Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder), it was almost 3 years ago and since then, I rely a lot on my BB cushions and loose powders. I also own myself No-Sebum Mineral in loose version but I didn't reach for it a lot because the container can get messier and I lose a lot of product whilst cleaning it up. When travelling, I will always bring this. If I forgot to bring brushes, then I don't need to be worry because I can use the fluffy sponge. I don't throw away the plastic separator that comes in the case because it seems more hygienic to put the sponge on top without touching the powder. 



4. Sponge vs brush
I like using a kabuki brush. Just lightly swirl the brush on the powder, tap off excess, and lightly buff on face for a natural finish. Interestingly, I find that the powder makes my under eyes areas brighter if I use the sponge given, means that it piles on more products than what a brush can do without getting cakey.


CAN YOU SEE HOW I ALMOST HIT PAN ON IT?
Told ya, I like this powder a lot. I really have been enjoying Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact much more than I expected. So if you like a mattifying pressed powder, I'd highly recommend this item. If you don't want to bother with the mess of loose powders, I'd also recommend you this item. Also, it's CHEAP!!! I only paid RM35 for this at Althea.

Overall Rating
5/5. 

Hope this review helped you in some ways and do leave behind your comment and share with me your experience of using pressed powder. I still have a lot of product to test before calling this my HG setting powder. Feel free to suggest me anything from the drugstore. High-end pun boleh... My current wishlist of setting powder is Laura Mercier Translucent Powder but it's always sold out at Sephora so maybe I'll get something cheaper. I heard Duck Cosmetics will come out with a powder soon. Or maybe I should try Essence!

If you enjoyed this post and want some more of my reviews, consider following me here through Blogger, Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter.
💜

Share This Article:

,

CONVERSATION

2 Comments :

Nurul Aida said...

If you don't mind, may I know what camera do you use? All your pictures look so beautiful

ieyra h. said...

Hai Nurul Aida, thank you for your interest. <3 I'm currently using Canon D600 for most of my blogging pictures. It's really an old camera!